Wednesday 8 April 2015

Off to a good start...

Well, despite promises of activity between last post and this one,  i haven't made much progress at all (well, nothing worth writing about, I did prime a reverend custodier and a sin eater).  Reasons were numerous, our son has decided he wants to get teething done and out of the way early so he's been a bit grumpy.  Secondly,  as we now have a baby, we now enjoy the British tradition of spending most of the bank holiday weekend parading him around various friends and  family, and thirdly I've been under the weather with a rather nasty cold.  Not that these are things to complain about, except the cold obviously, but I felt the need to justify my lack of commitment to the blog after such a short time.

On the plus side, all my outstanding orders have come in, so I've got a large number of pendraken ratmen ready to become  a HOTT army (and ive been  rummaging through my skaven bits to find suitable parts to make up some beasts, behemoths and an artillery piece.  I finally got round to picking up the reaper bones wereshark i bought off ebay, but wouldn't fit through the letterbox and spent far longer than necessary in the parcel purgatory known as the sorting office.  It's a rather weak moment in my hobby  history,  where i went on ebay to get some plasticard and ended up buying a wereshark, but it's a great looking model and might see use in my mordheim undead.

On the downside, this does mean that due to not having any outstanding purchases, the rules of 'play it painted' I cannot make any more untill all that I own is completely painted (I am allowing myself one exception,  that is the foot troops of my egyptian HOTT army, which i refuse to order until the website puts up pictures).  This seems to be a problem endemic to the 'micro' scale miniatures market, no-one in thier financially sound mind would think of selling 28mm or bigger miniatures online without good photos, but at 10mm or smaller, the sellers seem to think that people will simply make blind purchases. I appreciate that many 10mm etc manufacturers have significantly larger miniature ranges, and tend towards a cast-on-demand model, but seriously is it that difficult to get a few cast, then get some photos taken before putting the range up on your  website? I'm not asking for professional quality snaps here, an employee with a steady hand and a good camera would suffice, but just make it so that my purchases don't involve any degree of 'well let's put some money down and just pray the sculpts dont look like crap' or require trawling Google Images for days hoping that someone much braver than I made the blind purchase and put the images up on thier blog for all to see.

So anyways, i'm going to sign off now, I've had a little rant which has satisfied the innate need in every British citizen to complain through the medium of written word and I've stated my case on lack of progress, thanks for reading and check back next week for hopefully more productive tales from thenerdy world of leigen_zero!

No comments:

Post a Comment